Cyber Security For Home Users
- Why CyberSecurity is important for everybody
- Introduction to some common terms and concepts
- Basic Cyber Hygiene
- Types of cyber attacks.
- Understanding Online Threats.
- Secure web browsing. What’s the worst that clicking a link can do.
- Password and account security. How secure are yours.
- Email (and other messages) Security – Phishing, how to avoid and protect yourself.
- Shopping online safely.
- What’s a VPN and do you need one?
- Protecting your home devices (phones, laptops, Internet of Things)
- Protecting your home network.
- Patching / Anti Malware.
- Recovering from a cyber-attack.
- Social Media. What you’re sharing.
- Fake accounts
- GDPR & the law
- Your family (children and seniors) and the internet. How to help them protect themselves.
Course Day & Time: Wednesday evening 7.30 – 9.00pm
Start Date: 08/11/23
Course Format: In class with tutor (Maximum of 12 students)
Duration: 5 weeks
Equipment Needed: Please bring a phone or tablet or laptop. (Note this is not Mandatory)
Enrolment: Now open – You can enrol online through our website by clicking on the Easy Payments Plus button.
Tutor: Michael O’Neill