Special Needs Assisting QQI level 6
Level 6 Component Code 6N1957 – Certified by QQI
This course is for people who wish to pursue a career in working with children with special needs as an assistant within an educational setting.
The purpose of the level 6 award is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence in the theory and practice underpinning the role of the special needs assistant. Upon completion of this component module, the learner will be able to assist in the provision of education and care to those who present with special educational needs.
By the end of the course, learners will have gained a deeper understanding of the role of an SNA and understand the relevant theories, skills and processes required for curriculum implementation. They will have examined and assessed the provision of education in Ireland for individuals who present with special educational needs. Interventions and behaviour management techniques, individual education plans, stressors in the workplace, and personal reflection in relation to individual belief systems are also covered.
This course will enable you to:
- Evaluate the provision of education for people with special educational needs
- Examine relevant theories, skills and processes relevant to current implementation.
- Organise learning opportunities in order to promote independence and responsibility
- Learn how to access interventions and behaviour management techniques that may be used in the learning environment.
- Assist learner to develop the academic, vocational language, literacy and numeracy skills related to Early Childhood Care and education through the medium of indicative content.
Special Needs Assisting Level 5 completed or you must have achieved the Learning outcomes for this level.
Proficiency in English language is required. All learners must be fluent English speakers
Course Day & Time: Tuesday Evening 7.00 – 9.30pm
Start Date: September 2023
Cost: €285 (Payment Plan Option, 3 payments of €95)
Course Format: Face to Face in class with tutor
Duration: 12 weeks
Enrolment: You can enrol online by clicking on the Easy Payments Plus button. Enrolment will begin on the 1st of August at 10am.
Note: You will need access to a PC / Laptop to access notes and to submit assignments