FASHION DESIGN: WORKSHOP : Beginners
Our aim on this workshop is to introduce students to the basics of following a commercial pattern, and producing their very own garment.
WEEK : 1
- Sewing machine refresher course
- Create your own mood board and fashion drawings to make your garment personal to you.
WEEK : 2 -4
- Follow a commercial pattern.
- Construct a sample made from calico.
- Alterations to the pattern can be made at this stage to get that perfect fit.
WEEK : 5-10
- Chalking out your patterns and cutting your cloth.
- Construction of your final garment.
Classes are limited so early booking is essential!
Students to supply own fabric and tutor will advise on this during first class.
Use of machines are provided as part of the course price. Class notes will be provided for each student.
Course Day & Time: Monday evening 7.30 – 9.00pm
Start Date: 01/02/21
Course Format: In class with tutor
Duration: 8 weeks
Tutor: Rosena Cuddy, Project Fashion (Fashion Academy).
Rosena is a tutor with the Project Fashion school run by Paul Alexander. She has taught this course in Malahide Community School for the past number of years.