CHILD PSYCHOLOGY ( 4– 18 YEARS )
QQI Level 6 (6N2023)
This QQI Level 6 Child Psychology will give the learner the skills and knowledge in psychological theory, concepts and practice required to understand child psychology relevant to childhood education and care settings.
This course is suitable for special needs assistants, childcare staff, teachers, nurses and parents working with children.
Learning Outcomes include:
1. Research theories of developmental change and continuity in infancy, childhood and
2. Evaluate a range of factors influencing and impacting on the psychological development the
3. Appraise different theoretical models of child and adolescent development
4. Assess the importance of transitions in influencing a sense of self
5. Analyse different scientific methods and their application in relation to child behaviour and
6. Critically evaluate how the role of social, biological, cultural and historical perspectives affect
the development of children and adolescents
7. Explore the development of gender consciousness and its impact on self-identity in children
and young people
8. Use empirical research in acquiring knowledge and informing best practice and constructing
scientific knowledge in a specific child development, education and or care context.
9. Analyse the implications of own attitudes, values, beliefs and assumptions in relation to
issues of relevant policies and best practice.
10. Identify personal learning goals and assist others in identifying learning and personal
Course Assessment: Project 60% and Assignments 40%
Course Day & Time: Tuesday evenings 7.00 – 9.30pm
Start Date: 24/01/23
Cost: €285 (Payment Plan of 3 x €95)
Course Format: In class with tutor
Duration: 12 weeks
Enrolment: You can enrol online by clicking on the Easy Payments Plus button. Enrolment will open on the 1st December at 10am.
Tutor: Jacqueline Church