Personal Development through Creative Practices
Tutor: Regan O’Brien
Start Date: Monday 5th Oct 2020
Course Format: Face to Face in class in Malahide Community School
Cost: €120 [note fee includes materials]
Duration: 8 weeks
Course Code: 110
Personal Development through Creative Practices is a practical, creative course which facilitates us in identifying the areas of our lives we would like to develop. By moving the personal enquiry into a creative place, we can begin to understand ourselves, our feelings and relationships in a new way and create new strategies for development.
Getting in touch and applying our creativity to our personal questions can strengthen our confidence, self-esteem and sense of wellbeing, as well as provide us with new insight into self and build up resilience.
Personal development is possible when we begin to identify the areas of life we wish to develop. We can explore possibilities and strategies, through creative projects, and draw on our existing resources to focus and make an achievable plan to move forward.
All of the artistic interventions are based on the evidence that the use of creativity can make space for unconscious information to be explored and new connections to be made. The emphasis is always on the experience of the individual and not on artistic results, therefore, experience of the creative arts is not needed.
Sessions may involve:
- Working with stories and poetry
- Working with breath support and singing.
- Exploration through conscious movement and music
- Ritual structures and mask-making
- Guided meditation through stillness and movement.
- Creating images with objects or art
- Reflection practice.
- Strengthen personal supports and resilience
- Identify skills and abilities
- Learn to self-nurture and develop creativity
- Focus on a personal development plan
- Cultivate a mindful awareness of yourself
- Increase feelings of wellbeing and joy in everyday life