MUSIC THEORY FOR BEGINNERS
This course is aimed at people who want to understand music fundamentals. Whether you play an instrument and need some extra help with your music theory or you are a complete beginner, this class will start with the absolute basics of understanding sheet music.
• Learn how to read and understand sheet music
• Learn music terminology
• Learn about time signatures and rhythms
• Learn to recognise and understand key signatures
• Learn the layout of a piano and how to name the notes
• Learn how chords are structured
• Begin ear training and composition
You are not required to play an instrument to attend this course. Even if you never intend on playing music, learning to understand music as a whole is a wonderful skill to learn. All ages are welcome.
Tutor: Linda Quinlan