FASHION DESIGN: WORKSHOP 1 : Beginners
Pick up new skills and unleash your creativity with guidance from Fashion Designer Paul Alexander. After
gaining his BA In Fashion & Textile design Paul set up his own clothing label ‘Paul Alexander’, then went on to
become a finalist on TV3’s ‘STYLE WARS’ and now owns Project Fashion (Fashion Academy). It’s all about
personal growth in a fun environment at Project Fashion.
Our aim on this workshop is to introduce students to the basics of following a
commercial pattern, and producing their very own garment.
WEEK : 1
- Sewing machine refresher course
- Create your own mood board and fashion drawings to make your garment personal to you.
WEEK : 2
- Follow a commercial pattern.
- Construct a sample made from calico.
- Alterations to the pattern can be made at this stage to get that perfect fit.
WEEK : 3
- Chalking out your patterns and cutting your cloth.
- Construction of your final garment.
Classes are limited so early booking is essential! All materials and use of machines are provided as part of the course price. Class notes will be provided for each student.
price. Class notes will be provided for each student.
Tutor: Paul Alexander
Course Duration: 10 Weeks
Cost : €120