TIME: 10.00AM TO 12 NOON – SENIOR CITIZENS COURSE
12.30 PM – 2.30 PM – LADIES ONLY COURSE
3.00 PM – 5.00 PM – CLASS FOR ALL
Tutor: Michal Ulman, Qualified Cycling Ireland Coach
Lessons will include cycling around Malahide and progressing from a 5km cycle to a 25km cycle towards
the end of the course. Students must bring bikes and helmets to all classes.
It is beginners cycling course, in which a cyclist is brought through the various skills and techniques involved
in cycling. Over an 8 week period, cyclists will discover why cycling is such a popular form of exercising.
From the tremendous healty and fitness benefits to the feel of the open air and the excitement of exploring
new territory, cycling is a wonderful rush. Through practical lessons and it will cover:
- How to prepare for a bike ride: What to bring and wear.
- Riding on the road: Basic skills to ride safely on a road.
- Using shared roads to improve fitness level: Riding in low and high volume traffic, increasing
distance every class.
- Bike handling skills: Basic bike handling skills such as breaking, cornering, use of gears.
- Nutrition & Hydratation: Basic requirements for a cyclist.
- Bike repair & maintenance: Basic bike maintenance.
- Training for your cycling goals: How to start, working on your fitness level, training for cyclist,
Course is targeting all beginner riders that would like to improve their fitness for cycling with health,
fitness and diet tips for better performance on the bike.
N.B. The course fee includes a €20 fee for a Cycling Ireland introductory licence which provides
insurance cover when the class is cycling outside the school grounds and a high-viz jacket.